Thursday, December 19, 2019

Dec 2019 update

JOY is home and now all cleaned out. The last owner donated a bunch of materials that we had to remove, sort and store. Now the bus is clean and empty.
I finally got to be inside the bus and really feel the space. I haven't taken exact measurements but have created the latest layout option.






Just to recap: my absolute requirements for this space are:
* separate sleeping spaces for me and the driver
* long work counter
* fridge, sink and kitchen counter with moveable induction cooktop
* deep bathtub
* recliner
* composting toilet
* washer / dryer
* independent way to get in and out of bus
* ceiling fans

For a long time I've been stumped about where to put the bathtub and second bed. Once I got into the bus, I realized that the front wheel wells provide a nice defined area that with a curtain can be a semi-private space for the driver. I plan to add a really comfortable driver's seat on a swivel.


So glad to finally have a layout I like. Of course, once I get in and measure everything and consult with the experts things will inevitably change. But for now, I am happy with how it looks.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog moved to CorbettOToole.com

 All future blog posts are at the Rolling Joy tab at CorbettOToole dot com