Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Designing the interior

Today I am sharing some different layout ideas. From the start of these designs I had to meet certain needs:
* bed for myself
* sleeping place for driver or visitor
* long work counter (or table)
* washer/dryer combo
* toilet
* comfy recliner chair for me (that rotates around)
* lots of storage
* keep 30" of space for wheelchair to get through all parts of bus

Still lots of other stuff to figure out. Here are the designs so far in the order of my thinking (most recent ideas are last). Ignore the comments on the edges of the designs.

Layout 1:  bed against short back wall, counter on driver's side, recliner and toilet on passenger side. PRO: easy to move around    CON: no 2nd bed or seating for driver/visitor




Layout 2: add 2nd bed at right angles to my bed. The second bed is higher so the foot of my bed goes under it. I added 2 cabinet/steps at the end of the 2nd bed so they can climb up into the bed.
PRO: 2 beds in small space; lots of open space. CON: top bunk can only be entered through the foot of the bed and up steps; 2 beds in small space.



Layout 3: Put 2nd bed at opposite side of bus with steps. Move my bed along the driver's side with my head next to the washer/dryer. Move the toilet to opposite behind the driver.
PRO: toilet is enclosed; 2 beds in small space. CON: up steps to foot of 2nd bed; no seat for 2nd person; 2 beds in small space; head of my bed is against washer/dryer.



Layout 4: removed the work counter and add a table to the passenger side of the bus.
PRO: 2 beds in small space; can have kitchen counter/table for eating. CON: tighter for moving around; 2 beds in small space; head of my bed is against washer/dryer.



Layout 5: Move toilet to the back of the bus. Add sofa bed behind the driver.
PRO: 2 beds in separate sleeping areas; private toilet area. CON: tighter to get around.


So much to think about. Still not got a plan I love. Will tape it all out when the bus gets here and see how it feels.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog moved to CorbettOToole.com

 All future blog posts are at the Rolling Joy tab at CorbettOToole dot com